Nrityasiri Center for Performing Arts
Nrityasiri Center for performing arts was founded in the year 2000 in Houston, Texas, USA. Yamuna Srinidhi is the founder director of Nrityasiri Center for Performing Arts. Yamuna is imparting the art of Bharatanatyam & folk dances to various pupils in and around Houston and regularly conducts dance workshops. Her students have performed at different festivals and competitions on various occasions and have won many awards. Nrityasiri has set up a curriculum for students & conducts exams every year in Bharatanatyam and successful candidates are issued certificates. Since year 2001 Nrityasiri has produced many graduates. The center recently completed it's 32nd Arangetram in Houston. The center promotes Indian classical art form by inviting scholars & dance exponents to guide & conduct workshops to the center's students and to the local American comunity. The center has incorporated the 'Gurukula' system of training students by interacting with its students in the traditional Guru-Shisya relatipoship and has been enthusiastically embraced by the parents and art lovers of USA. The center is dedicated to preserving & promoting fine arts among the Indo-American community & has produced many theme-based ballets with an eye on the socio-economic conditions in America and India.
Nrityasiri center for performing arts now conducts classes in Bengaluru, India. Offers classes in
- Carnatic Vocal
- Acting workshops from eminent directors
Yamuna has choreographed innumerable items in BharatNatyam including
- Ray of Light – Choreographed and directed this dance ballet, a feature showcasing the damage and bereavement caused due to Tsunami and Terrorism and humanity turning towards God for help
- Wild Life & Forest Preservation: Dance drama on the importance of Wild Life and Forests - was an eye-opener and went on to receive great acclaim
- Sri Krishna Darshanam: A dance drama depicting various episodes on Lord Sri Krishna: From birth to Bhagavadgita
- Om Shivaya Namaha: Dance Drama paying a Tribute to Lord Shiva
- Gokula Nirgamana: Dance drama on Kannada poet Shri. Gopalkrishna Adiga's Gokula Nirgamana
- Vachanagallu: Dance drama for the popular Vachanas of Akkamahadevi & Basavanna
- DVG’s anthahapura geethegallu
- "YATRA" journey through the Classical & folk dances of beautiful India.
- A paper presentation at the 'Hoysala' seminar conducted at the museum of fine arts, Houston, TX
- HIV +: Creating an awareness on AIDS for our youth
- Say no to Drugs: Addiction to drugs will kill oneself, an awareness for our youth
- Jaanapada Sobagu: A medley of the most popular folk dances of Karnataka - Kamsale, Suggi kunitha, Somanna Kunita, Maramma Kunitha and Veergase.
- Vijayanagara Vaibhava: Highlighting the Vijayanagara empire & it's grandeur.
- "HEAL" an eye opening production high lighting the natural disasters & the manmade disasters & passing a massage to the audience to prevent these.
- "Natya Sandhya" a classical tribute to the audience of Santa Catarina Mexico
- "Karunada Koduge" Contribution from the state of Karnataka to the World - A mega production with 200+ non dancers across USA.
- "Naavu Vishwa Kannadigaru" a dance ballet high lighting the greatness & literary contribution of Karnataka